Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Today we have another Introverted SP type like last week but this week is Feeling instead of Thinking. I hope you are starting to see the similarities and differences.
It is SOOOO fun to start to see yourself and others in each type to help deepen the understanding. One of my best friends since college is an ISFP, and I always think about her when I talk about ISFP’s. It helps to imagine her soft, creative, go-with-the-flow energy.
As you know, I am sending each of the 16 cars for the next 16 weeks (we are on 6 of 16) to help you learn about each type and see if you can identify friends and family like this so you can better understand them.
Type is ALL about better understanding ourselves and others so we can live our best lives and have amazing relationships!!
So far we have covered:
You can go back and read the others if you missed them.
Today’s is ISFP – The Artist
Driver: Your best self
INTROVERTED FEELING IN THE INTERNAL WORLD/IN YOUR HEAD:
- You are incredibly sensitive
- You are aware of and cherish your own values, beliefs and sense of self
- You are open to emotions and inner sensations
- You are sensitive to others in an empathetic way
- Authenticity is important to you
- You seek harmony with others and harmony within
- You have deep internal feelings
Copilot: What the world sees of you, your second-best self
EXTROVERTED SENSING IN THE EXTERNAL WORLD:
- You are good at seizing the moment and becoming immersed in the here and now
- You are pleasurably and spontaneously interacting with people, things and situations of interest
- You are good at turning “work” into play
- You enjoy learning by doing (touch it, taste it, hear it, smell it, see it)
- You enjoy new sensory experiences
- You’re big on details and data
- You enjoy play
Drunk Uncle in the Back Seat: Things you suck at and should NOT be doing
INTROVERTED INTUITION IN THE INTERNAL WORLD/IN YOUR HEAD OR HEART:
- Doing things which require you to see patterns, relationships, symbols, meanings
- Trying to make magical connections to practical problems
- When people expect you to just “understand” them when they don’t make sense
- Anything that requires you to ﬁll in the missing pieces of a puzzle
- Activities where you have to think or imagine “what’s next”
- Activities which routinely ask you to imagine possibilities
- You dislike all new-age, ﬂakey, woo-woo stuff
- You need to have people in your life to help you see possibilities and the big picture since this is an area you are going to struggle with
Baby in the Back Seat: Where you go under deep stress or when someone has hurt you
EXTROVERTED THINKING IN THE EXTERNAL WORLD YOU GET LOUD:
- You shout, and get in people’s faces
- You become loud and bossy in the outside world
- You try to apply a systematic manner to solve problems
- You get out of your heart center and into your head
- You become all cold and impersonal when dealing with people and making decisions
- Your friends will wonder if you got replaced by Spock
- You base everything on reason and logic